Float Doggy - Dog Life JacketFD-RED-MINI
by Stunt Puppy
Inspired by our own kayaking and wake boarding vests our dog life jacket uses a unique and patented enclosed design that wraps your dog in an ergonomic, balanced, comfortable and secure flotation jacket.
We take our life jackets seriously because they save dog's lives. We're not trying to be dramatic, but not all dog life jackets are created the same way.
Not Like Other Dog Life Jackets
Most dog life jackets have a piece of buoyancy foam wrapped around the top of your dog, perhaps with a handle or a cute but totally ineffective shark fin running along the top. They will have either straps or another piece of fabric underneath that secures the jacket with straps. Then they will have some kind of fastening around the front of their chest that might have some extra foam and a buckle or velcro closure. They act like floating capes and your dog hangs beneath them in the water without any support for the heaviest parts of their body and the risk of them slipping out of the gaping hole at the front when you lift them is significant.
Our life jacket is different in both its design and construction. Instead of a floating cape, it forms a fully enclosed harness with the same DNA as the harness we use to lift search dogs under helicopters. We don't expect you'll be dropping onto your SUP or your kayak from a helicopter (or maybe you will to your super-yacht), but if you did then you'd be just fine in the Float Doggy.
- Harness construction cradles your dog from below as the buoyancy foam lifts them up providing more balanced and comfortable flotation
- Harness construction secures dogs inside the harness so they cannot wriggle or slip out when being lifted and keeps pressure off soft tissue of throat and belly
- Floatation between the front legs keeps the front end and head higher in the water without craning the dog's head or putting pressure on the throat
- Hinged foam segments allow free movement and a better fit
- Variable density foam complements natural buoyancy
- Tapered panels give a better fit on a range of doggy shapes
- Double adjustment straps secures the jacket evenly and firmly on a range of doggy shapes
- Full length lifting handle and leash attachment for doggy overboard situations
- Durable construction using Cordura® Nylon and waterproof reflective tapes
- No Velcro or awkward fastenings!
Click on the sizing chart image on this page to size yourself up for a Float Doggy.
If you are unsure or confused, contact us and we'll do our best to help out. If you can give us an idea of your dog's size relative to the breeds listed on our sizing chart and an estimation of its weight that is most useful. There is no need to go wild measuring necks and girths and spines and inside legs.